Ulm, Germany - Zykloid Software is delighted to announce Posterino 1.4.3, a maintenance update to their popular life poster and postcard creator for Mac OS X. With a focus on ease-of-use, Posterino creates life posters, photo collages, frames, postcards, greeting cards and contact sheets from digital images. Posterino does the hard work while users just have to fine tune the results.
Posterino offers a variety of stylish templates with grids of identical or odd sized containers. With a single click, the application will fill containers with random images automatically, or for more control, the user may Drag and Drop images manually. Posterino also sports a built-in layout generator which can automate the process of creating and saving custom grid templates.
"If you want to create a collage of your favorite photos and put it on a poster, is the slickest and easiest way to get the job done." MacWorld Review - August 07
At any time users may change the size and shape of individual containers as well as adjust the placement of each image within its own container. Posterino provides options to send an image directly to iPhoto, Flickr, Mail or save it on the hard drive.
Version 1.4.3 offers various improvements and bug-fixes:
* In cases where Posterino can't find some of the images used in a document, a file recovery window is displayed showing the missing images. The user can now point Posterino to the folders, iPhoto or Aperture libraries to look for the images in question.
* Changed some underlying details of the postcard interface to adopt to changes made by the Swiss Post to the server of the postcard service.
* Some minor user interface improvements.
Feature highlights include:
* Various templates for posters, photo frames, postcards, greeting cards and contact sheets
* Send postcards via e-mail or real postcards (via Swiss Post)
* Integrated Image Picker to browse and choose images from iPhoto, Aperture, or a folder on disk
* Auto-selection and auto-placement of images
* Export documents to iPhoto, Flickr, or local disk
* Live image editing: crop, rotate, skew
* Changeable image border properties: width, color, radius, shadow
* Document layout and size can be changed to fit users needs
* Built in layout generator user defined number of images
* Users can create own templates
* Automatic software update
Creating an eye-catching Life Poster is as easy as choosing a template, a iPhoto album and hitting a button. Posterino will place, crop, enhance and render the images into a poster. The ease with which it's possible to insert photos into templates makes Posterino particularly suited to both casual users and professional photographers alike, and a perfect compliment to Apple's iLife suite. The uses for projects are only limited by the imagination.
English, German, French, and Japanese
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 19.3 MB Hard Drive space
* Internet Connection (Sending Postcards or Flickr Uploads)
Pricing and Availability:
Posterino 1.4.3 is priced at $24.95 (USD) for a single-user license. A fully functional trial version is available. The demo will inscribe the words 'Posterino Demo' in large letters on top of a rendered document. Version 1.4.3 is a free and recommended update for all customers. Posterino may also be purchased as a gift. It is possible to create a printable gift certificate on their website. Every posterino license includes a coupon code good for three free postcards.
Press Kit Screenshots
Headquartered in beautiful Ulm, Germany, Zykloid Software is an independent software vendor founded by Christoph Priebe in 2004. With a focus on the Mac platform, Zykloid's mission is to develop unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2004-2009 Zykloid Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iLife are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.